Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday

What is it about Mondays?! You either love them or hate them, right? I am sitting firmly on the fence of not being able to jump for joy on a Monday morning. I guess I look back at the weekend and think about all the things I could have accomplished, but didn't and then realize on Monday that I have 5 more sleeps and busy days ahead before I can get back at it - whatever the task at hand might be...

With this Monday, I find it to be the last Monday before the kids are officially third and seventh graders. School starts on Thursday and we won't look back for 10 months. My list should probably be longer in getting them prepared for the big first day, but it isn't. I am thinking about my future Mondays with them safely at school and me at work to tidy up whatever messes Saturday left behind. Ugh - I for sure don't like Mondays. But, on the other hand, once Monday is said and done the rest of the week is pretty good because you always have Monday to compare it to!!

Whatever this Monday and any future Mondays may bring for you, I wish you peace, laughter, no long lines at the post office or grocery store, and sunny skies because "Rainy days and Mondays can always bring you down..."no excuses necessary!


post signature

No comments: