Sunday, August 17, 2008

Home Sweet Canadian Home

Our 7 week journey has come to an end and we are back home in Saskatchewan safe and sound. The drive was uneventful minus the big crack in the windshield from a loose stone about 100 miles from the house!!! An oil change and the wind shield repair are the first orders of business come Monday morning. Dennis is a wonderful road warrior and we are so lucky to have him behind the wheel. I only drove about 2o0 miles of our 1800!!

I have been uploading my photos from summer into the computer since last night when we arrived. I am amazed to see that I amassed over 700 photos in a short span of time and this does not include the two CD's of photos from Pine Cove which have over 900 pix a piece on them! I will spare all the time involved looking for a glimpse of a Gage and preview them and then add the GREAT ones to the blog!! As I uploaded these photos during the summer (onto Dennis' computer), I tweaked, cropped and removed red eyes, unfortunately, I get the opportunity to do it all again now that they are on mine :-( I will try to work in batches so that I can get some new highlights out to my devoted followers - I know that you are waiting patiently by your computers to see what I post next....

We had such a fabulous summer and were very sad to see it end. The pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is that we get to return for Christmas! Of course, we have so many wonderful memories and pictures to back them up, that I may be reminding you all of summer until then - lol!!! Thank you to our children and grandchildren for continuing to brighten our lives and reminding us what truly lucky people we are!! Hugs and kisses and all my love -

post signature

1 comment:

jessicawhitfield said...

yes i can't wait to see the pictures. i admit i am an avid follower. thanks for letting me share in your adventures. i really like this blogging. love ya, jes