Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My New Yellow Top

Good morning! Spring is here and yellow is the color of the season (according to all the fashion magazines and store front windows). Yesterday, I decided to wear my new yellow top that I bought with my step-daughter two weeks ago. Now, for those of you who don't know, I work in retail and we do carry yellow tops; just not my yellow. See... yellow is very specific. One cannot wear just any shade they desire, it must be their yellow! My quest had begun even earlier when Tannis and I were in Las Vegas in February. I tried on dozens of yellow tops, but to no avail. Just not my shade.... I kept thinking. Well, my yellow happens to be a shade just shy of mustard versus lemon, for those of you wondering, and I found it at a shopping party in some one's home, no less. (This story has a side note in that the owner of the company, that runs the shopping parties, happens to be the daughter of the man that dates my Mom, whom I had never met. It is such an amazingly small world!)

My top proved to be a hit and I had several comments yesterday on its cuteness. Even some unsolicited testimonials from the homeless guy on the corner as I walked past him more than once! "You look like a ray of sunshine" was one of my favorites, I believe. Yellow is a color that lifts the mood and makes you smile; you cannot have a bad day in a yellow top. I urge you all to find your shade and wear your own yellow top as soon as possible! I am wondering now, however, if I should have corrected my admirer and indicated that my yellow was indeed more dijon than sunny, but I have decided to save a fashion lesson for another day, hand him some change and keep on smiling.

post signature

2 comments:

Linsey said...

I want to see a picture of you in the yellow top!!! Glad everyone loved it!

Dee said...

That is my sunshine girl!