Saturday, April 19, 2008

Date Night

Yee Haw! Dennis and I had our first date night in far too long last night :-) We were looking forward to some quiet time alone at dinner and a movie, when we received an e-mail on Wednesday night offering us concert tickets to see Brooks & Dunn and Alan Jackson! We immediately snapped those up without a second thought and changed our course for a night of entertainment! We are truly blessed by our friends and family and their "connections" which they so generously seem to always remember us when opportunities arise. Thanks y'all!!!!

Dennis picked me up from work and we had a wonderful meal at The Ivy. Our quiet time was well spent talking and laughing and enjoying not having to remind three children of their table manners! We got on the road for the venue in good time and actually managed to avoid a lot of the traffic back-ups due to my husband's expert driving skills. We were quite pleased once inside the arena to find that our tickets were actually in a box and we had bar service just two steps away - another rum and diet Pepsi, please!!

There was an opening act, Jesse Faraday, I think. She was cute and sang well, but definitely just a time filler. Brooks and Dunn started around 8:30 p.m. and sang their hearts out for an hour. We really enjoyed their performance and they seemed to just energize the crowd....here is one of my favorite songs from their act -


Alan Jackson didn't arrive on stage until around 10:00 p.m. and his stage was much simpler. He commented that he was just a guy with a guitar and that he hoped to play a few songs we knew and encouraged us to sing along and dance if we felt like it! He was genuinely humble and tipped his hat to the crowd in gratitude for the support of his music over the years. He did an amazing video of images from around Saskatoon set to his song "Where I Come From". The crowd went crazy when they saw images of Timmies, Canadian Tire, Our Armed Forces, Gordie Howe, and of course, the Maple Leaf! I love pride and patriotism in any fashion and this was truly a highlight of my evening :-) Here is, however, my favorite song, and I have no idea whose voice you hear in the background - could it have been too many rum and diets - nah, it's 5 o'clock somewhere.....



As Dennis and I left the concert, we realized that snow had started fall - it was predicted, but we tried to push the idea out of our minds that we could actually receive 50 cm of snow in mid-April! It was a wet, but peaceful drive home. We had a wonderful evening and it was such a joy to be able to spend quality time with my best beau. I will relish this outing until our next; whenever that may be!

post signature

1 comment:

Linsey said...

I love hearing you sing along with them! Fun date night!