Sunday, April 6, 2008

My First Post :-)



Well, here I am, just home from a Mexican Fiesta in honor of my Daddy. Today would have been his 73rd birthday and I miss him something terrible! My girlfriend, Tannis, knew today was going to be a challenge for me. She has this amazing ability to read my emotions and know my heart. Her inner Martha pulled through with a Mexican extravaganza that would have made any restaurant jealous. We had homemade salsa, guacamole, queso and mojitos (which are Cuban, but substituted nicely for margaritas!) Then came the beef tacos with all the fixin's and Mexi-fries for the kids (in Canada that means tater tots). We finished off with a birthday cake for Daddy and coffee with Baileys. Ay Caramba, muy delicioso!!!

Thank you Tannis, as always, for being there for me when I needed you most. I probably don't tell you often enough, but I count you as one of my many blessings :-)

The kids were all awesome today as well. They said a prayer for Grandpop and then went outside and shot off canisters of confetti towards heaven while shouting Happy Birthday (oh yeah, did I mention it was snowing like mad and they were in their pajamas?!) It was a beautiful site to see and one I will have to keep to myself as I did not have my camera handy at the time!

Okay, my friends, this is the beginning of what hopefully shall be a long and productive relationship. I plan on documenting the day to day from the mundane to the extreme and pretty much everything in between. I hope y'all will sit and stay awhile once I get a few more posts logged on. I may back track a bit and try to catch everyone up here and there while staying current too. This is most definitely a work in progress and I hope we can grow together.

Off to put the babes to bed and get an early nite myself. It is Monday tomorrow after all! More to follow, so stay tuned... Happy Birthday Daddy. I miss you and love you with all my heart. Always,


post signature

2 comments:

buzz maxwell said...

I always loved this picture of Dad..it was the first car I ever did a wheelie in.

While you guys were braving the snow in pj's Max and i were trying to keep our hats on in the roadster and hoping the sunburn would be tolerable.

Love yall and glad we can blogg a bit.

Linsey said...

I love it! What a sweet post and a great layout. Can't wait for more posts!