Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New Outfits, a Loose Tooth and Picture Day

Picture day is today at Jack and Kitty's school and I have lost control; if I ever actually had any!! To back track, Alison's picture day was last week and I had nothing to assist her with. We bought her outfit in Texas and she saved it for the "special" day and even chose her pose and background color without any input from me - so there. J&K on the other hand have been a little more needy. We went shopping on the weekend for a new top or two and then had to sit down and choose everything from underwear to shoes and socks for the photo. Then the big decision of background and pose - oh my goodness - the deliberations. Didn't it used to be easier?! I remember coming in off the playground and sitting down for my photo and just being told to sit still and smile and then hearing, "next, please." There were no choices, of course, junior high and high school a completely different ball of wax - I primped!!

Now along with all of the foofing this morning, there was cologne before 8 a.m. - Jackson was very concerned with his fragrance and thought he should smell nice in his photo, probably for the sake of the facial expressions of those near him should he stink! And Miss Kitty has had a loose tooth all weekend that she wouldn't allow any one to pull. All of sudden with picture day approaching, last night she decided it must go. So, she twisted it around and around on that last dangly root until out it popped! The tooth fairy note was written ( It said, "I love you, Mom!") and off to bed for her full course of shut eye.

As I shooed them out of the car this morning, Kitty was proclaiming this to be the best picture day ever! I sure hope so :-)

post signature

2 comments:

Dee said...

OH God. Did that entry ever make me feel old. I remember those days in grade school where it was not a big deal. Other then the hair (cuz you and I had fine hair and if it feel before the PIC was taken we were sad) but as you said Jr. high and high school, we met in the bathroom and primped the best we could. Can I go back to that day now? Don't forget to mail me one of each of the babes form my collection. I am holding on to every year so far! And will continue to add to it as the years move on! Give them each a hug and kiss from me.

Linsey said...

Can't wait to see the pictures. Your kids are so cute!