Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hidden Treasures

Yesterday, while on my walk down Memory Lane, I knew I had the picture of Ron, Dennis and I in a frame upstairs in our room. So before retrieving the photo album, I went upstairs to get that one particular picture to scan into the computer. Much to my surprise, I found two others tucked behind. Both were from the same year - 1995, but evoked two entirely different memories - one great and one not so great. The first one -

It is the first summer that Dennis and I were married and in Destin with the kids. Chris is 20 and Linsey not yet 15. How awesome that we have all been able to go back as a family and bring the next generation to our beloved BEACH! Love this pic :-)

Okay now for the 2nd one -

Here is Dennis in paintball gear for a team building exercise in Moscow. Guess who wanted to tag along and "play"? Super bad idea. This was Halloween eve and it was a beautiful afternoon. I learned quickly that I was not cut out for combat. I was put on a team opposing Dennis and all of my teammates were Russian. In the heat of the battle, I stood up from behind a barrel and everyone was yelling at me - in Russian - and I was like " what?" I didn't understand anyone. I was pelted with more paintballs than you could shake a stick at and in spite of my protective gear I had paint in my mouth, my hair, everywhere! I cried like a baby and was so embarrassed. Of course, being the boss' wife the guys were unsure if they should steer clear of me or comfort me. The game resumed and I licked my wounds, but I never asked to join a "team building" exercise again. Well, maybe there was that trip to Bangkok...

Anyway, my challenge is for those of you who are picture fanatics like me - pick up a couple of frames sitting around your house and check to see if you have stored any "Hidden Treasures" behind the current photograph!!

Happy Hunting!

post signature

1 comment:

Linsey said...

1st pic...how great!
2nd pic...Yikes! Paintball in russian just sounds like a bad idea!