Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Quick Week in Review

Good morning all!!! Well, it is a busy household today after a busy week. Kitty and I are up and off to Moose Jaw , SK for her first two numbers in this years competition. My props go out to the makers of the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser - I saved my household just under $100 by cleaning up two pair of dance shoes and making them look clean and sparkley new!!! We have Tap and Jazz to get under our belts today and about 5 hours of driving for two three minute performances - I am a supportive mother, I am a supportive mother :-) I believe encouraging children to find their paths in life is one of the greatest gifts we can give. I don't know if Kitty will dance forever, but for now, it is most definitely what she loves the best.
Other household news this week includes two visits from the tooth fairy, a rained out baseball game and then one actually played (Go A's!), two school field trips, a charity fashion show (in which I showed my American badge - more later) and two trips to church for 1st communion and confirmation classes. Of course, I worked 4 days out of 5, Dennis cut the grass for the first time this year and had our new US car Canadianized. To close out the week, we will attend Mass and confirmation class tomorrow as well as a "hot tubbing" (they're 7 year olds!) birthday party.
I hope everyone has a fantastic, wonderful, lovely weekend. By the way, Spring has finally sprung in Saskatchewan and we are loving it. 40 degree Fahrenheit days means flip flops and no jackets - get over it you wussy Southerners - we have developed a thicker skin up here in the North - we are hardier than y'all, eh?!



post signature

2 comments:

Linsey said...

Ha! It was 60 this morning. Gage had on long pants, a hoodie and a hat while Jillian was in her footed pjs, a hat and a blanket! Sounds like a busy week. Hope the performences in Moose Jaw (funny name) go great. Can't wait to see pics of your fashion show.

Linsey said...

Ha! I took the kids for a walk this morning. It was either in the 50-60 degree area. Gage had on long pants, a hoodie and a hat, while Jillian was in her footed pjs, a hat, and a blanket! Fun!!! Hope Moose Jaw is a success. Love you! Can't wait to see fashion show pics!