Sunday, May 4, 2008

I'm a Winner!

Back in early April, when I was just beginning to think about becoming a blogger, I participated in a contest called "The Great Blog Hunt". It took me to 22 different blogs in which I had to read posts and find a clue. After finding all of them, I sent an e-mail saying I was finished and attached all the clues I had found. Well, lo and behold, yesterday I received an e-mail saying I had won first place!!!! Woo hoo :-)

It got me thinking, had I ever really won anything before...? What about you, have you ever won anything? I attend several functions a year here in Saskatoon and honestly, never win any of the draws or early bird prizes. I "win" silent auctions regularly, but then submit my monies that I pledged, so , it isn't really the same thing. I had to dig deeper and recall my younger days, I remember being about 11 and having my name drawn from an entry in which I won an "Air Supply" album -yes, folks, a vinyl record! I won a Dallas Cowboys keychain for a drawing or slogan I submitted in Grade 6 at school. And believe it or not, I still actually own both of these items!!!But it would appear that my luck dried up somewhere around 1980...

Everyone loves to win - something, anything really. So, I will continue to fill in the slips of paper or send back my Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes as you never know when it will be your turn. I am anxious to find out what my first place finish has earned me, and I will make sure and let you know when I do. Until then, happy submitting to whatever contest or sweepstakes you currently have your eye on. Good Luck!

post signature

1 comment:

Linsey said...

Congrats on your win! I won some places in art in high school. But no, I am not really a lucky, winning type of girl. Good question though. Maybe 2008 will be my year to win something, but then again, I guess i need to TRY to win something first. I'm going to get a lotery ticket!