Monday, June 9, 2008

Please pray for Chloe

As I awoke this morning, I knew what my first post of the week was going to be. Last night, my precious son, as I was putting him to sleep, signed the cross on my forehead, my lips and my heart. Such a quiet gesture; it spoke volumes. I am so blessed as a Mom.

However, I started my coffee, sat down at my computer and opened my e-mail. I was so saddened to find news from a friend amongst the SPAM. I have a girlfriend, whom I met when we lived in VietNam, who has a daughter that is fighting for her life, again. Chloe is 13 and has just undergone surgery for the removal of the 2nd medulla blastoma tumor in just under three years. She was first diagnosed with cancer in Singapore when she went in for a routine eye exam. They have lived in a Ronald McDonald house in New York for 9 months as well as endured Shirley's own battle with breast cancer at the same time. The scan this time was routine and the results incredibly unexpected and devastating. They have been BEATING this thing.

They feel positive that they have removed the tumor fully after a 5 hour emergency surgery. Now, the chemo and radiation awaits... Please, please pray for this family. Thank you.


post signature

No comments: