Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day 2008

What a wonderful day we had!!! Dennis arrived home last night on his iron chariot after a 4,000 mile journey to Tennessee and back. He was cold, tired and ever so happy to be home. We let him sleep in until almost noon so that he could feel rested and recovered and enjoy the remaining hours of HIS day. I still had coffee on and the kids and I had purchased a dozen doughnuts - 6 of his favorite sour cream glazed dedicated only for him. He ate three of them while he enjoyed his homemade cards and a T-shirt the kids had painted for him with their hand prints. The rest of the day was spent on the computer, catching up on some UFC programming he had taped while away, and thinking about the Dagwood burger he was going to build for dinner :-) We have chocolate cake left to devour after our burgers, coleslaw and fries settle in our tummies. Tomorrow is the start of another week and no rest for the weary; with yards to be mowed, ball games to be played, field trips to attend and a Harley to be detailed and made road ready for next year! To my fabulous, gorgeous husband whom I adore...Welcome home and I love you with all of my heart. Happy Father's Day darling!


Dagwood burger extraordinare plus a Pepsi Max with slaw & fries - what could be better than that?!



Nice shirt Big Daddy. We love you!!!!!!


post signature

2 comments:

Linsey said...

That burger made me hungry. And I don't think I have ever heard of sour cream glazed donuts! Love the shirt and loved that you called him Big Daddy...Dave would be smiling!

jessicawhitfield said...

hey glad to hear dennis made it home okay. i juat got home from taking granddaddy to his hearing test. we are sitting here. he's having a scotcha nd water and we are lookin at yal's page. he was so tickeled to see dennis's father's day burger and t-shirt. we love yal and hope to see the rest of you soon.
love jessica and edward <3
p.s. check out my pictures om myspace =]